uSonic-3 Omni 3-axis ultrasonic anemometer
Compact and affordable sensor for wind speeds up to 60m/s
The uSonic-3 Omni ultrasonic anemometer provides a cost effective and accurate solution for the measurement of air flow in three dimensions. With no moving parts and rugged stainless steel construction the uSonic-3 Omni is suitable for use in a wide range of applications that require three dimensional wind measurement. The optional online turbulence calculations extend the range of applications to include research projects such as eddy correlation flux studies. The compact rugged design makes the sensor easy to install and ensures that maintenance is virtually eliminated.
Where icing is a problem, the optional heating will ensure continuity of data. New heating technology provides better control and power consumption as it heats only the appropriate elements and only when it is needed, ensuring 100 per cent data availability regardless of weather.
Comprehensive online data quality checks and automatic health status reports ensure the user has full confidence in the data and that should any fault develop it is immediately reported.
Serial data communication is provided as standard with both RS422 and RS485 capabilities. When analogue outputs are required the analogue output option provides four output channels of either current or voltage.
- 3D wind speed and direction measurement
- wind speed range: 0.01 – 60 m/s (0 – 134 mph)
- wind direction range: 0 – 359°
- up to 25 Hz sampling rate
- virtual temperature output
- high resolution and accuracy
- no moving parts
- maintenance free
- digital outputs RS422 and RS485
- low power requirement and wide supply range (9-36 VDC)
- all stainless steel construction
- optional heated measuring head for error-free operation down to -40°C
- optional four channel analogue outputs
- optional online turbulence calculations
- optional field calibration kit
The uSonic-3 Omni ultrasonic anemometer provides the following information in various data outputs which can be polled or output automatically:
- instantaneous and averaged data for the three wind vectors x, y & z
- horizontal wind speed plus vertical component
- sonic temperature
Data can be averaged by:
- scalar or vector
- clock synchronised or running average
- separate output rates and sampling times
Some other important features:
- perfect linearity from 0 to 60 m/s
- user definable north orientation (range 0-359º alignment off axis)
- data quality control to perform confidence checks on raw data
- date / time stamps with several options
- check sum information
- calibration validity output monitoring
- online calculation of turbulence parameters
- four current or voltage analogue outputs
Optional items & Accessories
Sales & Support
Contact Biral for more information
To find out more about this instrument or to discuss your application requirements please do not hesitate to contact Biral.
After Sales Support
Biral offers free advice and technical support for the lifetime of the instruments we sell. Once you have purchased the unit you can always contact us for help using the links on our Service Support page.
Enquire about this product
"*" indicates required fields