uSonic-2 Wind 2-axis ultrasonic anemometer
Compact and robust design with no moving parts
The uSonic-2 Wind ultrasonic anemometer provides excellent cost / performance ratio for the reliable measurement of wind speed and direction. With no moving parts and rugged stainless steel construction the uSonic-2 Wind is suitable for use in almost all conditions. It is a rugged high performance sensor for the measurement of the horizontal wind flow.
Where icing is a problem, the optional heating will ensure continuity of data. New heating technology provides better control and power consumption as it heats only the appropriate elements and only when it is needed, ensuring 100 per cent data availability regardless of weather.
The uSonic-2 Wind has the highest reliability due to the combined data quality monitoring function and heating technology, which eliminates data dropout and ensures confidence in the measurements; and as there are no moving parts or maintenance requirements you can concentrate on the data and not the sensor.
Due to ultrasonic measurement technology the sensor provides excellent repeatability of data and error accuracy and also provides additional information such as virtual temperature.
Serial data communication is provided as standard with both RS422 and RS485 capabilities. When analogue outputs are required the analogue output option provides four output channels of either current or voltage.
- no moving parts
- maintenance free
- up to 10 Hz sampling rate
- optional heated measuring head for error-free operation down to -40°C
- digital outputs RS422 and RS485
- optional four channel analogue outputs
- wind speed range: 0.01 – 60 m/s (0 – 134 mph)
- wind direction range: 0 – 359°
- high resolution and accuracy
- low power requirement and wide supply range (9-36 VDC)
- virtual temperature output
- optional field calibration kit
The uSonic-2 Wind ultrasonic anemometer provides the following information in various data outputs which can be polled or output automatically:
- instantaneous and averaged data for the horizontal wind vectors
- horizontal wind speed and direction
- chart mode (provides 0-540º wind direction and speed values)
- NMEA value outputs
Data can be averaged by:
- scalar or vector
- clock synchronised or running average
- separate output rates and sampling times
Some other important features:
- user definable north orientation (range 0-359º alignment off axis)
- data quality control to perform confidence checks on raw data
- date / time stamps with several options
- check sum information
- calibration validity output monitoring
Optional items & Accessories
Sales & Support
Contact Biral for more information
To find out more about this instrument or to discuss your application requirements please do not hesitate to contact Biral.
After Sales Support
Biral offers free advice and technical support for the lifetime of the instruments we sell. Once you have purchased the unit you can always contact us for help using the links on our Service Support page.
Enquire about this product
"*" indicates required fields