Biral manufactures the VPF and SWS Visibility and Present Weather sensors which are used worldwide in a variety of applications such as:
- airport visibility and RVR
- marine visibility (ie navigation aid and lighthouse fog horns)
- highway visibility (ie switching of warning signs and ITS systems)
- wind energy (adjusting turbine warning light intensities / navigational safety)
- climate research and meteorological data collection
VPF range of visibility and present weather sensors
The renowned VPF range of visibility and present weather sensors are the most accurate and durable on the market (with a proven track record of over 20 years) and are a must for many critical applications (ideal for airports, marine and research applications).
SWS range of present weather sensors
However, for applications not requiring such extreme levels of robustness and accuracy we have now introduced the new SWS low cost range of present weather sensors. The SWS sensors are less expensive than competitive sensors of a comparable quality (ideal for wind energy, highway and meteorological applications).
To help you choose the most appropriate range for your application you may find the following comparison (pdf) useful but please do not hesitate to contact us should you need advice (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)Comparison of VPF and SWS Visibility and Present Weather Sensors (opens in new window)